add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Dell having extremely low prices?

Liberator206

1 month ago

Does anybody know why PCPartPicker is showing some items sold from the Dell site as being 50%-70% off. Yet when i click on them i get taken to Dell's site but the prices are normal? Is PCPartPicker just inaccurate with its price comparisons today or what? Im so confused, i even called Dell to see whats the deal, if they were having a major sell or something. They said everything is normal price. WTF PCPartPicker, don't put the site, let alone in the price drop category. What is the tree flames next to it as well? is it a hot item? is it counting the people that use the external link to Dell's site? Must not be that hot if the price is the normal MSRP lol. If anybody has any answers to this, i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your time everyone, :)

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I had some parts pop my price alerts due to this. It looks like dell has a broad "up to" 50% off for a number of components that may be impacting the price ppp is reporting. I got super excited when I saw a monitor I'm considering was down to $349 but when I go to dell it's $950. Something is just wrong.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Exactly! That was my experience as well (that monitor is a dream haha). Thank you for clarifying. I appreciate the reply. Hopefully this issue gets fixed within PCPP. I'm sure many members came upon the same situation we did. Anyway, thank you and good luck on your parts hunt.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

This also happened with the HyperX revolver headset where PCPP said it was $39.99 and then Dell's website has it listed for full price.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Ya its everything on Dell's site. Hopefully this gets a look at. Thanks for the reply.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube