add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT Constant game crashes

EricRam

1 month ago

Is anyone who owns this card experiencing major issues with crashing in games? I get crashes in multiple games after playing for only about half an hour. Some of the games this happens on are Destiny 2, Apex Legends, and Battlefield 4. Does anyone have recommendations to fix this? Im updated to the latest driver, 19.10.1 but it seemed to only make things worse. It will sometimes just crash to the home screen or a complete black screen forcing me to hard restart. I have only owned this card for about a month so im confused as to why this is happening out of no where.

Please help if you can!!!

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Maybe a faulty card too. ¯\(ツ)

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Run 3d mark TimeSpy for me, idc about score just want it to finish.

I own this exact card and have had zero issues with Destiny 2. Almost 80 hours put in since they moved to Steam

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Try reinstalling the drivers

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I also have a sapphire pulse 5700 xt and it's also constantly crashing. I know you probably get annoyed when people comment on a plea for help without any useful advice. But from what I read, most people who have this issue, it comes from Sapphire brand cards. If you learn anything new, let me know too.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Its been 11 days since I asked to run a simple graphics test to try and start narrowing things down instead of blindly guessing. I would say the same thing for you. Run a stress test like 3d mark or whatever you think is appropriate, and make sure the card can pass. That will at least narrow things down.

• 26 days ago
  • 1 point

I'm having the same problems as OP -- black screens, crashing, BSODs, etc. All kinds of different games. Basically unplayable.

I've run Time Spy multiple times, sometimes I can get it to finish and post a normal score, and sometimes it crashes out.

I've tried different driver versions, completely reinstalled Win10 (fresh), underclocking via Wattman (for some reason the default clock is almost 2000 when the card doesn't advertise that much?), updating Bios/chipset drivers, updating various Bios settings, XMP on my 3000mhz RAM on/off, etc. Even swapped the PSU with another one that I knew was good (Corsair 750W)

Pretty much at my wit's end with this card. Spent all weekend troubleshooting it.

• 26 days ago
  • 2 points

If it cannot get a regular 3dmark run done with consistancy than I would contact Sapphire and RMA. The chance of a defect if fairly high.

Another option would be to physiclly open the card and inspect the pcb, re apply thermal compound, and re seat the hear sink.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube