add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Asus ROG Strix Gaming B450-f 3 pin LED addition

girrrrrrr2

4 months ago

Im kinda disappointed I didn't realize that my board didn't have any 3 pin connectors for rgb, just 4 pin...

Is there any alternative to the Aura Terminal that can add them in? Id quite like to have my addressable fans controlled without the remote

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Afraid not, most devices you use to manage addressable fan's if connected to the motherboard will need software (if you don't want to go down the remote route).

Are some cheaper options the the Aura terminal, will but require another piece of software and will not sync with your board etc.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah darn... I think I've decided to live without the addressable... And just replace the fans with basic 4 pin leds... I don't really feel like spending more money and I don't really wanna deal with shipping for returns.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Did you get yours to work? I have a x470 prime and I've installed 2 versions of aura a few times and none of the software works on a brand new win10 system. All I can do is turn the MB led on/off in bios. I don't care that much but pretty hard to understand why it does not work. People say install it again, I mean really is this win3.0 I installed it like 7 times now. Have it OC'd everything works great except that.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I have not. I am waiting on my psu to arrive monday

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube