add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

ASUS PCE-AC56 or something else?

noneanyoneveryone
  • 4 months ago

I'm considering buying the ASUS PCE-AC56 https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-PCE-AC56-Wireless-Express-Adapter/dp/B00JNA337K

Anyone have this WiFi adapter? If so, how do you like it? Is the range good? Or, do you recommend a different WiFi adapter?

Thank you.

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

That is a fine piece that will get you Wifi.
I slightly preferred the ASUS PCE 4X4 AC88 mainly because even having a little bit of cord wiggle room to move can be nice if you really worried about range in your wifi setting. Both the one you mentioned and this one run about the same nothing to crazy in different just preference with the added physical movement.

Course I prefer just a direct connection nowadays and haven't had need for the wifi in awhile but it nice to know it is there.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for the response. Much appreciated.

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

Is the range good?

Range is dictated far more by your WiFi router then the adapter.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I have thet Netgear Nighthawk. Range on that is fine but it wasn't reaching the guest house or office. I repositioned the Nighthawk and now the signal reaches accross the entire property. The property isn't huge, but it's still an entire acre. Not bad coverage for a single router. Now that the repositioning of the router fixed the signal I no longer need to upgrade the WiFi card. Still using an old ASUS PCE-N53, but it works good with the new router position. I'm starting to talk too much now lol. Thanks for your two cents.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube