add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
BeersNBacon

2 months ago

I’m about to complete my first build and was wondering, what is the recommended antivirus software to install so I can lessen the chance of any potential issues

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Windows Defender is decent enough for your everyday uses.

If you're venturing into the world of darkness tho, nothing can save u man. nothin

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol, thanks man

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Window Defender is all you need. Malwarebytes is good to have installed for a scan now and again.

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

malwarebytes is pretty good

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I was running Avira/Avast for quite a few years. Now I'm just running Windows Defender Antivirus, from MS.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the suggestion

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Bitdefender Free is my first recommendation.

Kaspersky Free is a good alternative.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the information

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Personally, I’ve mostly just used Windows Defender. Then, one time I got an annoying adware that couldn’t be identified by Windows, so I downloaded the free version of Malwarebytes and their scanner seems to have removed it. I also went through my file explorer and browser caches to make sure I didn’t have any remnants left. See, I got the adware from an “ad” by accident clicking on it when I was trying to download something else. So I also decided to download an ad-blocker that I can enable when I’m going to slightly-shadier sites. (r/privacy and a few articles recommended uBlock Origin for the Adblock)

So, the Windows Defender+Malwarebytes (free)+uBlock Origin is the setup I use, and it seems a-ok.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the info

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

You are welcome, I hope whatever setup you decide on works well for you.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Malwarebytes + kapersky both free versions. keeps you clean 100%.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube