add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

İntel or amd

DashMatters

4 months ago

İ am getting a New PC and i cant decide what CPU To get. My main use is gaming (rarely streaming). On the intel Side i am thinking of getting an i7 9700k (not planning to get a i5) On the AMD side, im not sure if a 3rd gen ryzen would be worth it or should i just go with a R2. İ am also worried about it bottlenecking with my GPU. (Planning for a 2060 super or 2070) Any suggestions would be nice

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Depending on what the use of this computer is for, I would go for a Ryzen 5 3600x.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

If you are willing to spend the money on an i7-9700K I would say the Ryzen 7 3700X is a better purchase - it costs less and is on a better chipset than Z390. Z390 boards are surprisingly hard to get nowadays for a good price. They are either out of stock or at inflated prices.

As for processor speed, I would not be concerned about bottlenecking with Ryzen, the days where AMD is second fiddle to Intel are over. The Ryzen 7 3700X is close enough to the i7-9700K that if it bottlenecked a GPU then so would the i7. There is not much between them.

On a more cost effective route I absolutely would not rule out the i5-9600K if and only if I could source a mobo I wanted for good price. On AMD side the Ryzen 5 3600 is a pretty good chip for gaming as well.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

For streaming purposes the 3700X with hyper threading may be the better choice.

As gaming concerns, with a GPU like the RTX 2070 super or 5700XT, there wouldn't be much of a performance difference.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube