add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Bios unable to launch uefi windows 10 usb

FrankIsDank123

6 days ago

so i am using msi bios and when it tells me to select a boot device i try to boot my windows usb and the screen turns black and 2 seconds later and it would ask me to select a boot device again. is there any solution this problem?

thanks for you time.

Comments

• 6 days ago
  • 1 point

You bought the USB with Windows installer in it or sth?

• 5 days ago
  • 1 point

no i manually installed windows10 unactivated and put that in there

• 5 days ago
  • 1 point

Wait... so the thing in your USB is a full but not-yet-activated Windows 10?

• 6 days ago
  • 1 point

It can achieved by simply changing the boot mode.

https://windowsreport.com/enable-legacy-boot-windows-10/

Follow the above post which shows exactly how to do it.

You are Welcome :)

• 5 days ago
  • 1 point

sorry but i am trying to install my first os and the only other thing i have access to is the bios

• 4 days ago
  • 1 point

no i manually installed windows10 unactivated and put that in there

You did it wrong.

You have to use the Microsoft Media Creation tool to make the thumb drive you are using into an installation drive.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube