add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Friends pc wont display anything

ReverseFlash
  • 5 months ago

My friends pc stopped displaying stuff on monitor one day when he went to turn it on. The mouse and keyboards rgb would not both turn on at first but started working after he tried turning the power supply off then back on. So the rgb is working (yay) But the monitor still says no signal. Few things he's tried: Tried hdmi (was display port), Tried switching ports on the back of gpu, and turning psu off then on (fixed rgb). Thx for help

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

If he has a CPU with a integrated graphics try using that see if its a faulty GPU. I actually had same issue on my first build had all my fans spin and lights go on but never any display. Turned out to be a faulty PSU. Just because it supplies power doesn't mean its working right. I would for sure try diagnosing the GPU first. Also try hooking up the Pc to another monitor or TV to eliminate possibility of it being the monitor. If you have a second PC you can put the GPU into and test that would eliminate it being the possibility.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

He just unplugged everything and plugged in back in and it booted and according to him its like booting in safe mode and like trying to repair drive and stuff thx for help!

• 5 months ago
  • 2 points

Always possible it was a loose connection. Glad he got it working. Hooefully the operating system recovers. If not might have to do a reinstall.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube