add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Head phone suggestions? For a younger enthusiast.

jdogg

3 months ago

Alright so I am stuck I personally use & LOVE my Steelseries Siberia 840's BUT my younger cousin needs a pair for his gaming laptop I would prefer one with a detachable cable but the catch is it CANNOT have the dual inputs separate for Mic & Audio his laptop uses the hybrid single audio jack for mic & audio I have tried an adapter for the headphones with dual 3.5mm audio jack inputs and none of them work.

So I am stuck the list of preferred requirements are here:

Decent audio not great but not top-notch. Under 100$ Detachable cable preferred he moves his pc around a lot. A mic that is either retractable or not obnoxiously long or stiff, his previous headset was ruined because his cord got wrapped around his mic when he went to stand up. This happened numerous times resulting in the mic leaving its housing. His previous headset was the HyperX Cloud Stinger.

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

Why not just get a separate mic and headphone?

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Only one input for audio jacks he has a couple usb inputs but I think he is only down to 1 or 2 after his mouse. The other reason is he is constantly mobile with his laptop and does not have much room for both.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

If a separate mic and headphones is not a option then clouds 2 seem to be the best for 100$ But cable is not detachable,

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Cooler Master MH751/MH752 (752 has USB and 7.1 surround), look up some reviews.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

For the money the Sennheiser Game Ones are unbeatable. It's a lower-mid tier headphone with a mic added. They are essentially HD 558s with a pretty good mic and features added on.

They go for $120 new all day long, and can be grabbed on MassDrop for $90 occasionally under the name PC37X. Same headphones.

Cable is detachable, comes with a single 3.5mm jack cable and the split mic/audio cable. Mic mutes when flipped up and the right ear up has volume control. For the money you will not beat them in the headset world.

HyperX also has some solid offerings and if you are staying strictly under $100 they will likely be your best bet.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for the information I think I will go with the above cloud 2 that was mentioned the replaceable and detachable mics are a good thing for him at the moment.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I would reccomend this: SteelSeries Arctis 3 Console Edition: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/steelseries-arctis-3-console-2019-edition-wired-stereo-gaming-headset-black/6297669.p?skuId=6297669

I had the same problem, and I actually own it.

It's good enough.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube