add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Says incompatibilities. Is it good?

jadenjoner

5 months ago

This is my list https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4Z6vLJ It says the CPU is newer than the motherboard. Do I need to worry about that

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep, you need to worry with this particular setup as the CPU won't be recognised.

A PC repair shop will do it for you for a small fee I'm sure.

MSI boards that come with the flashback option would not be a problem as they can be updated without a CPU.

The MSI Tomahawk MAX variant B450 is pre-updated so is the simplest solution but is more expensive than your board.

There is a slightly lengthy process AMD offer where they will send you a CPU to update the bios.... sounds like a PITA!

Cheapest option is to call the place you are buying from and make sure you get an updated board. Amazon won't do that BTW!

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Where would I buy the MSI Tomahawk MAX variant B450? And I saw the same motherboard on this website but it was without the MAX. Both of them had the same error on this website. Are some motherboards updated BIOS but I have to check that they are? Also how would I do the thing with AMD sending a CPU and is it expensive?

Thanks

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube