add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
ktran714

5 months ago

So I recently downloaded Wireless Network Watcher to help me monitor whoever might be using my internet without permission. I configured one of the settings option to make a beeping sound whenever someone connects to my network and it always makes the sound periodically but I never see anything on the list besides my devices. Does anyone know why this is happening? Could it be that someone has "covered" themselves and is accessing my network by "hacking" means?

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Have you verified all of your devices?

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I think I have? Well, I mean, I only have three devices that's connected to my network which is my computer, router and iPhone. The device that might have been causing the beeping noise the first couple of times has been appearing on the list recently but every time I delete it off the list it still connects itself periodically without permission.

Idk why or how it keeps connecting itself when I've changed my network security key already as well.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Does the program list the device?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

It lists my devices but I haven't seen any other unknown devices and yet I still receive the beeping sound. Still unsure why that is.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

It's probably a device that you own occasionally restarting its wireless communications for power saving, restarting, updating, diagnostics, or many other reasons.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

That's what I assumed as well but the options menu clearly says the beeping sound is for "new" devices that connect to my network and I don't think that my connected devices count as that. Unless my devices automatically disconnects and then reconnects then that would make sense but my devices are always listed though.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube