add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Wrapping/Case Disassembly Help (please)

0megaRL

2 months ago

So this a a multi-parter for a build I'm planning. I'm a boi who likes carbon accents, and am planning on using vinyl wrap in my upcoming build to achieve this. Also note the case I'm using is a 500D SE, and my GPU is a MSI Gaming X Trio 20-series card.

So first thing, any good tips for vinyl wrapping? Besides being careful, or planning ahead.

Second, is a hair dryer fine or do I need a dedicated heat gun?

Third thing is the suggested procedure for wrapping the top panel of the 500D SE case. My current Idea is to do the normal wrapping method, then use an X-acto knife to cut out the holes, good idea or bad?

Fourth, Could any issues arise from putting some vinyl on my GPU shroud like this or this? I'm trying to optimize looks when I use a vertical GPU mount.

The final, grittier thing, is the disassembly of my 500D SE case (for ease of wrapping parts). Is it safe to assume that any part of the case sold on Corsair's website (these parts) can be taken off with a screwdriver?

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I’ve carbon wrapped a few things and figured I could chime in. So first, yes a hair dryer will work and my tip is to have an extra person giving heat while you work in edges and corners. Second, for the top of the 500D, yes you can wrap it then cut the holes out. Maybe just cut out the whole vent section so it’s less tedious? Another option is hydro dipping, you can buy kits for carbon fiber look. Just depends if that top cover does come off or not, I have no idea. But hydro dipping is pretty easy and you can even do it in your bath tub. And as for the gpu I don’t think it would be effected if you wanted to wrap it, lots of corners though lol. Sorry I can’t help with your last question I’m new to the pc game. Call or email them would be the best bet. Good luck!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube