add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Huge Problem selecting motherboard.

TMatzelle60

6 months ago

I am currently sitting on the fence with the motherboard debacle for about a month. Which is driving me insane not really but really. I am going to be using a non OC Intel i9 9900k and im currently looking into the Gigabyte Z390 Master but have some concerns

How well built is this motherboard?

I heard there software is not great will I be able to match my color scheme with there software or will I run into problems?

I was looking at the XI code by Asus but read about there phases so that's out.

I am leaning toward the master but like I said I worry that stuff like there RGB software won't work and ill be stuck in rainbow colors or will have other software problems.

Do you think im over reacting? Stuff happens and gets fixed?

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

I am going to be using a non OC Intel i9 9900K

I'm confused now. So you will be using a i9 9900?

And if you still wanna use the i9-9900K but not OC, the XI code by Asus would do great.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

No I ment to say I won't be over clocking. Mark is the phases really that bad?

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, the phases aren't that bad, but if you OC the wrong way the i9-9900K may throttle.

Anyway, just look at the below video and tell me your thoughts.

The Complete i9 9900K Overclocking Guide - Maximus XI Z390 and Others

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

its not terrible, just a bit confusing. most people would read that as you were using a 9900. while on the topic, why are you not going to be oc'ing your 9900k? why pay for the k premium?

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

There is always a chance for OC and I mighta little and whatever little MHz I can get is fine im on a no budget right now

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

ah, good on ya

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Get the Aorus Master, you wont be sorry. I am using the Ultra. Their new bios interface is really not that confusing or bad - it works just fine! and if you are not overclocking, you wont spend much time in there anyways. But if you do, you'll have the right setup for it. Even just using Multi Core Enhancement is very good - stable and not over volted.

The RGB fusion 2.0 app is a bit prehistoric but works just fine. I use it to control the MOBO and GPU color, I use asus aura to control trident z ram sticks, cam for the x62 cooler and corsair for the fans - a bit annoying but it all plays together just fine.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

the RGB Fusion 2.0 is prehistoric? is there a newer version?

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Nope, its the current version, its just very basic compared to the other softwares. It gets the job done for the mobo lighting though. It just doesnt have the cool features or sequences for RAM, etc.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Any other people think I'm to worried and the software will be fine that ill be able to change the color of the motherboard and stuff

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I think you’re worrying way too much, the software isn’t what really makes the motherboard the best, it’s the components that do.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube