add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is sound support busted in Win10 1903 or what?

codezer0

4 months ago

In another thread in audio section, I had posted because I first tried to do a clean install of Windows 10 on a test system with build 1903, which had my older X-Fi sound card on it. After doing so, and going through the process of installing drivers, I found things were quite busted, until I re-used my original Windows 10 install USB to install fresh, update drivers, and let it update on its own. since then, it updated to 1809 and all is good.

Meanwhile on my main PC, with an Audigy Rx sound card on it, I now see among the update bar that it's mentioning how 1903 is available, but "your device isn't ready" for it. Like, I'm sorry that I care enough about audio to want a sound card, but that shouldn't be preventing me from updating the OS, should it?

The whole thing seems screwy to me, but I've only got a sample size of basically two systems and two similar, but different, sound cards. I'm wondering if anyone here that has a PC with a dedicated sound card has encountered any similar problems trying to install 1903.

Just my luck, I had deleted my ISO of 1809 thinking it would be smooth sailing like before. And trying to use the media creation tool now, even though it should have been meant for 1809, only gives me the "current" 1903 that seems to make audio completely busted.

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Updated drivers from Creative?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Haven't seen any as of yet, either from Creative, or from Daniel K and his repacked custom drivers for xfi and audigy series cards.

I do see that he's also recently started doing modded drivers for OxygenHD chip based cards, so like Asus Xonar and such.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube