add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Apple Mac Pro Super Destroyer (custom)

tech_geek100

7 months ago

I am working on this PC called Mango:One, my goals for it are to kick apples new mac pro in everything. I originally had this idea when they claimed they had the fastest GPU times 2, but they didn't say what term it was fastest in, so that way they didnt have to put a * thingy. I decided to make a build that would destroy is graphics at a fraction of the cost, approx $10,000 USD. (apples mac pro starts at 6000 USD,thats a super cheap one, but you have to buy the PRO xdr monitor which is another 5000 USD) Compare the specs! the ram is much faster, gpus much more powerful and the cpu is simply kick butt. the mango one, the most powerful custtom gaming/workhorse all-rounder build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HWn2Hh

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 3 points

Wait for EPYC/Rome and it can be even better.

Also, it has to have ECC memory or it's not a Pro. IMO.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

It’s better than the Mac Pro but the people buying the Mac Pro need Mac OS so they wouldn’t switch to Windows

[comment deleted]
  • 7 months ago
  • 1 point

That’s an option but most of the companies buying this wouldn’t go through that, especially considering that most companies wouldn’t even build PCs and just buy them pre built because of the warranty. I was reading an article about interviews with people who are going to buy the Mac Pro and one said that their company will just buy a high end one instead of buying a low end one and upgrading it because they don’t like upgrading the PCs internally.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube