add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How to stop other programs from altering mic vol in Win10

RainOfPain125

4 months ago

Some games such as CS:GO like to change my mic vol from my preferred 60% to 100%, or lower. Is there a way to completely stop them? Because now some program is changing it to 40% and I dont know which one it is.

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Right click on your sound icon, lower right corner. Select sounds. Now under the Recording tab find your mic and click on it. Now select properties and go to advance tap. Uncheck both of the exclusive mode options.

Or, if you have other software specific to you mic, you need to find that option in that software.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Just unticked both boxes and applied the settings. Opened CS:GO and my mic volume shot up to 100%. I have no software related to my microphone.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube