add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

"Pre-built" type setup for win 10

Somedumbguy

4 months ago

I wanted to build a pc for someone and was wondering how you get a "prebuilt" type setup when starting it up? what i by that is that you go through the initial setup like you normally would, but then automatically have drivers/ important programs installed and any extra hard drives formatted so that the person doesn't have to download everything and go through disk manager to format the hard drive, etc. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, other than video drivers if you have a GPU, you really do not have to download any other drivers. As far as the hard drives, you can format any drives during that installation process, but windows is not going to do that automatically.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

If I have harddrive formatted from a previous build will they show up in windows without me having to do anything?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Most of the time, yes.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

oh ok, thanks. that was my primary concern.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube