add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Chemistry for Summer School

JarJarJamal
  • 11 months ago

I don't care about learning the subject at all, I just want a SHORT course preferably at my own pace. I ended up getting a D in Honors Chemistry as a Sophomore but I couldn't find anywhere to take Honors Chem over summer so I'm just trying to find regular chemistry. Regular Chemistry was a joke when I took it second semester, so I'm looking for the same thing over summer so I can just get it out of the way. Does anyone have any experience or advice? I can't seem to find ANYWHERE that hasn't already started (a physical school), so my hands are kind of tied. Just need to make up one semester, and it's really becoming a nuisance the more I think about it.

I'm an incoming senior in So Cal (Los Angeles/Burbank area)

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 3 points

I don't care about learning the subject at all, I just want a SHORT course preferably at my own pace.

So I assume you're doing this for credit? If so, you likely won't find much help here; you'll need to speak with officials at your institution/district to find out what can be accepted to fulfill that requirement. While chemistry is chemistry, different institutions frequently have different standards for their particular introductory courses, so the logistics of getting a course accepted for credit is important to consider. For example, if your institution requires a lab component, online options probably wouldn't work, unless there was some way you could do the laboratory work separately (generally unlikely at the high-school level).

However, I'm not sure if you'll find any place still willing to take on another student for this summer. Most summer programs across the board have enrollment deadlines on the order of weeks (or often months) before the end of the spring academic term.

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

If you need credit we probably aren't going to be much help since we don't know your school and we don't know what will be accepted or not, I would go ask someone at the school about this since they will be more helpful than us. With that said I doubt you are going to have any luck given that is already june.

The only option I can think of is seeing if the school will accept college credit for it and then trying to test out of chem 101 or whatever by learning whatever is needed on your own. I'm not sure if they would accept this due to the lack of a lab. Also Its going to be hard since I took what was basically honors chem in HS, and I took some chemistry a couple of years ago, and I don't even understand half of what they are talking about on the CLEP chem test on my school.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube