add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Network Adapter Not detected

13jonesb

5 months ago

I've got a TP-Link wireless network adapter. I've just installed an SSD, and i've noticed that my pc now doesn't recognise that the adapter is plugged in. It is definitely in, and correctly secured. Not sure why it isn't working though. I'm pretty sure it was working before the SSD, but just in case i tried it without the SSD and it still didn't work. Any ideas? maybe buy a new one to check if it's the part or the motherboard?

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Is this a new system, or are you upgrading a previously working system? For a new system, you may need additional drivers for the wireless card.

If the SSD is an NVMe one that uses PCIe lanes, your motherboard may be preventing certain PCIe slots from functioning such that the SSD has lanes provided. I would consult your motherboard manual. If the SSD is simple SATA, this would not be an issue.

I would try resetting the BIOS settings. It is also plausible that you may have shorted something while installing the SSD.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Same old card. I've tried it without the SSD, still doesn't work.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube