add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cannot view SSD BOOT DRIVE IN MY PC

adeoluy2k
  • 8 months ago

First build i have an ssd and a regular hdd but i Cannot view SSD BOOT DRIVE IN MY PC

only one letter drive is shown please help

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, there can be 2 scenarios:

A. Your Drive is attached, but undetected or unreadable. There might be chances that your drive is having an unsupported file system or it may have bad sectors.

In this scenario,

• Right click on “This PC”, select Manage. • Then, in the dialogue box that opens, Select Disk Management from the left side panel (last option).

There, look below the white portion, you will find a representation of the Disks connected. If it is shown there.

• Right Click on your SSD, Format the drive and assign a drive letter to it.

Then wait a few seconds and it will be shown in the Drives panel.

B. Your drive may not be attached properly.

Check your connections in this case. When shown in Disk Management, follow the above procedure.

If you’re looking for best possible ways to clone or move your HDD data to SSD then I recommend you to check out this blog: https://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/how-to-migrate-windows-10-from-old-hdd-to-ssd/

Hope this will help.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

what if the drive is there but just doesnt have a letter designation

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, there might be chances that there is some technical issue with your drive. Maybe it is corrupted or having some other glitch. In that case, I suggest you to have word with the customer support of the SSD drive company.

[comment deleted]
  • 8 months ago
  • 1 point

its my first build and im preety sure i can see it in the bios just not in the my computer tab

[comment deleted]
  • 8 months ago
  • 1 point

thank you

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

isee the sd as drive 0 and my hdd as drive 1

[comment deleted]
  • 8 months ago
  • 1 point

i see the drive under disk management but it doesn't appear as a letter drive under my computer

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube