add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Full vs OEM Windows

Wolfyyyyy
  • 8 months ago

Is it worth buying the Full version of Windows 10 if I plan on upgrading my PC in the next 3-4 years? Why or why not?

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, since it may still be windows 10 still.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Full retail version because you can transfer a licence key to another PC if you wish to upgrade/replace motherboard. OEM restricts use to only the initial machine it was first installed to. Why pay for something twice if you somehow needed to replace or upgrade components sooner than anticipated?

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd go oem. the differences arent that big and windows isnt that expensive

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 8 months ago
  • 3 points

The sale of those keys violate Microsoft ToS, and the keys may be unexpectedly disabled. Recommending, suggesting, advising, encouraging, hinting, or in any way implying these keys as a solution or option is not allowed on this site.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! I was just making sure that I'd be able to upgrade to a new version when Windows 10 becomes obsolete! Looks like I'll be buying the full version

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube