add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

NAVI DETAILS AND PRICING IS OUT NOW OPINIONS ON THE 5700/5700 XT IN COMPARISON TO THE VEGA 56/64

adeoluy2k
  • 9 months ago

OPINIONS ON THE 5700/5700 XT IN COMPARISON TO THE VEGA 56/64

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 4 points

Best not to ever base opinions on information that is always going to be biased giving its source and wait on independent reviews.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

TRUE but ill still like to know initial reactions

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

That's the reaction.

AMD hasn't shown any benchmarks during a reveal in the last decade or so that didn't have a catch to them.

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

Initial reaction is that there is no way to justify those prices unless AMD is heavily sandbagging their claims (which would be a first for their GPU side).

Dr. Su has insisted that AMD will no longer market itself as just "the value option". This might work in CPUs where they can legitimately claim to be "the performance option" for many tasks (especially anything that scales with threads), but there just isn't any justification for paying Nvidia prices for AMD GPU performance.

We'll have to see how the "super Turings" are priced and where Navi fits in that. Right now, Navi seems to be even less viable than Vega was, presumably with the 7nm silicon costs replacing the HBM costs. No idea how many cards have to be sold with a 45% markup to justify Navi design, but they might not manage even that without lowering prices.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I’m just getting the Vega 56 because there is a good chance it will drop the price but I wouldn’t sleep on that happening.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm in the same boat if you are Canadian there are used vega 56 sub 500 on Amazon.... I have no interest in the free games being offered now so its no loss there for me i rather buy new but im being super picky cuz i want a strix card to go with my strix motherboard....... new egg also has great deals now

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

My only question is if anything will replace the rx 500 series.

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

They are getting refreshes on 12nm most likely.

GDDR6 memory is still very expensive to use on a budget range card.

As is the 7nm process being used on Navi.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

The 590 is already a 12nm refresh of the 580, not sure they want to do the same with the 570 when they rename it the 660 (not sure exact renaming scheme).

I suspect they will keep producing these boards as long as 1080@60Hz displays are used. Its a great combination for those, but AMD's offerings get weaker and weaker as you want more graphical power.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I think they would relaunch those as 575 and smaller if they do it as 565/555 they only have a single use for the 12nm Silicon currently so they probably have a stockpile of failed silicon building up.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

does it need to be replaced the 500 series will prob still be for budget gamers til inventory runs out i highly doubt anymore 500 series cards are being made .... I imagine we might get a sub 5700 card close to when those cards are all gone

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I just want a good 1440p card under $300 that will last a while.

• 9 months ago
  • 3 points

They are already out if You don't mind some settings being tweaked.

The 580, 590, 1660, and 1660ti all are capable of solid frame rates at decent settings in most titles.

If You want something that will max out settings at 1440p for awhile it will never happen, just look at how poorly things like NVidia's Titan ages from one generation to the next.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I know the 580 and 590 can do it but it would be nice to have Vega 56 to be a little cheaper.

• 9 months ago
  • 3 points

Giving how much the memory costs that really isn't going to happen.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

dont think that's possible yet til the navi release makes price drops for older gen cards

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Mid range is $379 and I think that's too expensive for a mid range. I am hopeful for it to be at least around $250 - $300

Else... I'll just have to settle for an RX 580/90 for a solid 1080p now, and 720p in the future AAA games, unfortunately.

Maybe even go for a decent price used RX Vega 56, though I would rather get it new.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

i just got a vega 56 from new egg under 500 brand new

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Decided to search for them, and the cheapest I found was at $270 from Gigabyte, but for some odd reasons it has really bad reviews on newegg, haven't looked at other platforms.

Other brands are around $300 which isn't bad, while some 3rd party sellers are selling it for $700 - $800 which is stupid expensive.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

the one i got is from asrock and has a$30 rebate canadian................look on amazon thers a spahire 56 for sale or if you are patient wait closer til july for the main round of sales

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube