add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

NAVI HYPE TRAIN COMMENCE

adeoluy2k
  • 8 months ago

ANYONE ELSE EXCITED FOR PRICE PERFORMANCE AND RELEASE DATE DETAILS TO BE REVEALED AT E3

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah, yes. The AMD hype train. What the Ryzen giveth, the Navi taketh away (actually I think AMD itself should be more excited by Rome, but that isn't for most of the people here).

To be honest, I'm always glad that AMD can reduce the size of the "nvidia monopoly zone" of performance levels that they can extract maximal prices, but I already have a great 1920x1080 card and I want a card that can do 4K@60Hz. "Somewhat better than Vega" won't get there.

Perhaps there is a strong market for higher frequency 1080 cards (certainly, and maybe with Ryzen 3000 they will compete with Intel there as well), and perhaps some 1440@60Hz as well, but AMD has completely abandoned the "upgrade train" sales plan (that nvidia is still executing quite well).

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I already bought a MSI Radeon VII and so really not that hyped up on Navi..BUT interesting to see what the can really match to Nvidia 2060/2070 cards.

I need to upgrade my old i5 2500k PC with a updated GPU (it is still using 2 Asus GTX560 Ti that are Sli) for my GF son so we can both game at the same time.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube