add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming VS MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

PhdHigh

7 months ago

I am stuck between these two MoBo. I found the ASUS for 10 bucks cheaper, but I was planning on getting the MSI. So now it's down to performance and VRAMs. Which one is better? I'll also be getting a NZXT case with NZXT RGB. So compatibility is a thing.

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Personally I would choose the ASUS one. Better aesthetics, and AURA is a much better program. I have been told however that the VRMS on the Msi boards tend to be higher quality. From what I read it looks like you can connect your NZXT stuff to the asus stuff via HUE; but don't quote me on that.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I would lean Asus. I recently completed a build for my gf using the Rog Strix with the 2600 and NZXT case and the sync has worked well. She really enjoys it.

The Hue/cam software seems to work well. She is new to pcs so if she has been able to figure out how to do it, it is likely user friendly.

(Nzxt H500i)

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Go with msi, it has better VRMs and way VRM cooling.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I just ordered the MSI. I preferred the cooling and VRMs and I also have been using a 970A Gaming pro carbon for the past 3 years and like it.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Good choice ;)

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah all the asus 450 had lacking vrms, if you are going to run big cores or OC its just not good. The x470 prime I got the vrm is much nicer. For a 450 I did not like the asus...if you need to OC or run a big cpu. I looked hard at the carbon, in the end I went 470 thinking it may last longer in the future and I rather get a nicer mobo I hopefully don't have to upgrade as soon. Even then I leaned asus mostly for the bios/OC results I saw on it, for the 2400g I have it in it right now and memory OC it needs (and had the feature set I wanted). But MSI is not bad there either.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I got the MSI. I have always liked MSI MoBo.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube