add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Should I buy a basic MacBook pro 2018 to edit?

Goku1040

8 months ago

Hey guys, I need some advice. I'm currently searching for a new laptop that is capable of editing 1080p videos. I have a PC that does all my editing but I want a laptop that's powerful enough to edit videos on the go( school, etc). My budget is around $1200, I'm mainly looking for a ultrabook, I don't plan or care about 4k editing, I just want a laptop with 4 cores or more, 16 GB of RAM, SSD, and dedicated GPU. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Don't plan of gaming on the laptop, mainly school stuff, and YouTube editing.

Potential laptop: Huawei Matebook pro

Although, I been thinking of getting a MacBook pro to see what's the fuss about.

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

dont do apple, just dont. they have serious thermal throttle issues bottlenecking the cpu horrendously https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=947op8yKJRY this gives more detail

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the reply, appreciate the list you made. One question, do you recommend AMD Vega 10 gpu? I saw a HP ENVY with Ryzen 7 3500u, 16gb ram and 256 SSD. Do you think that's good for video editing? It's around my budget and I do like AMD.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Woah, that's sure a big difference. Thanks for the helpful information.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube