add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Acer Nitro 5 NO POWER

Fleetleader101
  • 12 months ago

Update: Solved check the comments.

Tried to install a m.2 ssd, I did everything correctly but now the laptop will not power on at all. I even removed the m.2 and just tried it with the regular hard drive. Still no booting.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Comments

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

To clarify it wont even power on just 0 response when I hit the power key. Everything appears to be in place.

[comment deleted]
  • 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Everything appears in place, but thank you for your reply.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/557574/my-nitro-5-is-dead

In this thread this guy had the same issue as me, just one day it stopped working and never came back on. I'm starting to wonder if the MB's in these things are really sensitive to damage.

A new MB costs about half the cost of the laptop so I think I'm just gonna junk it, sounds like she is toast.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

that is entirely possible

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

I figured it out everyone. My laptop has an internal battery. I unplugged the battery and the small circular battery for the MB to fully reset the PC. After I did this the laptop worked as normal.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube