add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

GPU upgrade (1080p,144 Hz)

FalerZasto

8 months ago

So, I've been using my R9 380x for the last 3 and a half years and figured that I kinda need an upgrade. In meantime I upgraded my other components and got a 144Hz monitor. I was wondering which card would be enough to run 1080p 100-144 Hz( I'd like to keep it over a hundred in the AAA games, it doesn't have to run them on highest settings , mid-high settings are fine) without blowing the budget. I was thinking of either one of these 3 cards: RTX 2060 , GTX 1660ti or going little over budget for RTX 2070 ( but this seems like an overkill). I won't be upgrading for next 2-4 months but it's nice to have my options laid out. There's also Navi and I don't know if I should wait to see how that GPU line performs since it's supposed to be releasing Q3 2019.

I mostly play competitive games like LoL , CSGO, Apex , but I do like to get myself a AAA game on the side every once in a while so I'd like to keep those frames over 100 on the AAA , and around 144 in the competitive ones.

My current rig : CPU: i7 8700 RAM: HyperX 2x8 2400 Mhz GPU: R9 380x Storage: 1 TB HDD , 256 GB SSD( sata ) PSU: Thermaltake Smart SE 730W ( I know that it isn't the best PSU but I think that it has more than enough power to run any of the GPUs above with the rest of the parts)

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

personally I would look for a 1070 or 1070ti. If you don't mind buying used gear, you can find them for pretty cheap on craigslist... But if you're stuck between those three; the 2060 or 2070 are gonna be your best options...

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

A RTX 2060 or Vega 56 should do the job. If you're in the used market, you can find good prices on gtx 1070 ti and Vega 56

But man, I heavily suggest getting a better power supply, it doesn't even do provided rated wattage when most quality units can do some overloading before OPP kicks in.

Get at least a CX 550.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube