add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Opinion of my PC build

Bennykelli1
  • 9 months ago

This is going to be my future gaming/future build but, I wanted opinions from other people to see if it's good.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tVRTLJ

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends what your budget is honestly.

A couple points:

1) The MSI - B450M BAZOOKA V2 is one of the better B450 mATX boards if not the best. Currently its going for about $15 cheaper than normal so if you are buying now, thats the one to get. Better VRM, better memory support

2) Get a matching color kit of RAM. The price difference is negligible

3) If you are trying to save a buck there are cheaper 1660 Ti's and RX 580s will also do the job nicely for about $100 less and be freesync compatible. Btw if you want to use gsync on a freesync monitor you are going to need to pay about $20 more.

4) Get a 500GB or thereabouts SSD. Mass storage can be added later.

5) Case is a personal choice I put a suggestion in

6) If you are really trying to cut down on cost the 1600 is good option. If you can pony up around $40 more the 2600 is a good jump up.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor $125.17 @ Amazon
Motherboard MSI - B450M BAZOOKA V2 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $69.99 @ Newegg
Memory Team - Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $77.99 @ Newegg
Storage Inland - 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $49.99 @ Amazon
Video Card MSI - GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB ARMOR OC Video Card $278.98 @ Newegg
Case Fractal Design - Focus G Mini (Black) MicroATX Mini Tower Case $59.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair - CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $36.99
Monitor Acer - GN246HL 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor $179.99 @ B&H
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $879.08
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-01 21:25 EDT-0400
  • 9 months ago
  • 1 point

My budget is around 850-950 and the ram color doesn't really matter me but I have a lot of games, so I was planning on using a hard drive and SSD for window but thanks I will use your suggestion. And Nvidia recently had an update with their GPU so it can run gsync on a freesync monitor.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Nvidia will only do gsync and VESA adaptive sync. The latter is freesync over DisplayPort (not HDMI), and since the monitor you list has no DisplayPort input, you won't be able to use adaptive sync from an nvidia card with it.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

oof ok, can you recommend me a monitor that's bright?

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

You might ask over in the Monitors forum; I'm not really sure what's out there these days.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I think you are looking at around $200 though I don't know if there is an exhaustive list. The one I have been using in my lists around that price is the AOC - G2590FX for $199

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I would switch the ssd to a the l5 lite 3d or TCSunBow X3 as it has dram and the ram to Team Vulcan 3200 mhz as it's just 2 dollars more. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/zK7v6h/team-t-force-vulcan-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3200-memory-tlgd416g3200hc16cdc01

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/W3Jtt6/tcsunbow-x3-1-tb-25-solid-state-drive-x3-480gb-1

Rest of the list looks pretty damn good.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I appreciate your opinion.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

This may seem dumb, but what is dram? I've heard of it but I don't fully understand it.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Dynamic random access memory

Think as ram inside the ssd.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the info.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I here's my new parts list, what do you think of it?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qN4yYT

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube