add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Memory Overclocking / Timings

Dreadvolt
  • 10 months ago

So, unless both SIV64 and Thaiphoon Burner are mistaken, it would seem that my 3200Mhz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro kit is Samsung B-die.

I've got it running at the standard 3200Mhz CL16 XMP profile, what would be the best way to try and get more out of this kit?

I'm going to guess (maybe incorrectly) that it should be easier to tighten timings and keep the same frequency? If this is the case, should I just look at what other B-die 3200Mhz CL14 kits are listed at and try those settings?

If my guess is incorrect, should I be aiming for higher frequency at the same timings?

Comments

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

From what I see its difficult, with a lot of research and watching buildzoid videos and so on. Then tinkering relentlessly to get that last bit out of it. From what I found they said more speed will be a little better, but when you hit a wall then you tighten as much as you can. Bench it and see what comes out better. Have 3733 mem for my 2400g but they say the mem controller will only do so much. It hit 3600 with only a few tries no time to do more, and I'm no pro with it. There is a calculator for mem settings, but I don't know much about it yet.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

No you should fire up Thaiphoon Burner and try to tighten the timings with that utility.

You have three different setups to mess with.

Calculate SAFE - Calculate FAST - Calculate EXTREME

I wouldn't touch the extreme OC, but just should start with the safe setup.

Keep in mind you should put all the calculated numbers (on the two middle columns) of that utility into your BIOS. (so change them according to this tool
)

If some timings are missing on your board just ignore them.

Last but not least, keep attention on your DRAM voltage and SOC voltage, that you should change too, for keeping the ram to run stable.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube