add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

2300 dollar all AMD build need recommendations

Nicolasteam
  • 14 months ago

I have up to 2500 I put together a all AMD Build for around 2300 any tips? https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cvW2yX

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 3 points

You're clearly going for an RGB build, so I'm going to skip cost efficiency talks.

4 TB WD Black, I wouldn't get it, it's just way too expensive for what it is now. I'll put it in perspective for you. Currently for storage, you have a 1 TB 660p, $110 and a 4 TB WD Black HDD, $160, so 5 TB for $270. If you swap to a 2 TB 660p, $215 and a Seagate Barracuda 3 TB, $72, you get 5 TB also, and it's $287. So for $17 more, you get another TB of NVMe SSD performance rather than HDD. It's clear which is the better value. WD Black HDDs should be avoided now, they're simply overpriced.

Are you gaming or doing 3D modelling and animation? If you're gaming, I would be more inclined to get a 2080 instead. Same price, but an edge more games are more optimised towards Nvidia. HBM2 really doesn't help gaming for the most part, but it will help 3D modelling and animation. There are exceptions, and those are the games more optimised towards AMD, but they're not common enough to justify it. In all fairness, 8 GB vs 16 GB VRAM isn't really a big factor. Fact of the matter is, 8 GB is currently enough, looking into the future, it might fall behind slightly, but Nvidia's compression is superior to AMD's, so it's not going to be a big issue. 16 GB is really overkill for VRAM, you might be looking for an upgrade before we even get close to using 16 GB VRAM, just like I didn't factor in real-time ray tracing/tensor cores, because it's not practical, and by the time it's worthwhile, an upgrade is probably considered, so they're not really a factor for these cards right now.

You bought way too many fans as well. The case can hold six fans if you replace pre-installed ones, yes, but remember, you have to mount the 240mm radiator from the liquid cooler, so that's going to take two spots, meaning you only have four fan spots open to use those RGB fans.

Just my opinion.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

looks good. you could get a 1tb ssd and then some hard drives for mass storage to save some money.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, thank you

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes but it will still give you 8700k performance for gaming but for stream encoding it will destroy.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube