add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I cant get back into bios

Potatogamer1230
  • 10 months ago

I build my computer last month and after using it for about a week I overclocked my ram to 3000, I want to see if I could get it run at 3200 but now whenever it pops up with the motherboard manufacturers logo and it says press delete or f2 to enter bios, when I press either it just goes strait to booting up windows. I have a asus prime b-450m.

Comments

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

Remove the 1 BIOS Battery, press the power button for at least 10 seconds to drain all residual power from the system, re-insert the battery and start up the computer.

1 https://imgur.com/nkoUeO5

Normally, you should be able to get into the BIOS now.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

This worked. If this happens again I just have to take out the battery again right?

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

there is also an option in windows where you can reset with troubleshooting enabled which will take you to a blue screen(of settings, not death), and from there is an option to start the PC with the bios first

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, but 3000MHz aren't bad either. lol

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah going from 2666 to 3000 isent bad but I wanted to try to get higher. But when I went higher than 3000 I blue screened so I guess im sticking at 3000. I did get a nice 3.9 overclock on my ryzen 3 2200g though

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, you overclocked the ram from 2666MHz to 3000MHz.

That's quite a nice frequency boost.

Some modules just can't go higher than that. lol

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

try resetting cmos

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Make sure you update the UEFI to the latest version. You also can adjust the splash screen interval period. If you want to reset the CMOS consider a small tipped screwdriver and use it to bridge the CMOS jumper on the motherboard. This resets the CMOS which should not generally lock up unless the values are too aggressive or not stable ( which is definitely possible when attempting memory overclocking ). Ensure you are scaling up voltage when attempting DRAM overclocking or consider using profiles within the UEFI to apply a preset target for the value you are trying to reach. As noted though if you made a jump from 2666 to 3000 that is a pretty solid increase.

If you do not want to use a screwdriver you can buy a jumper for a couple of dollars including shipping and just "place" this ontop the pins to short / clear the CMOS.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Harwin/M50-1900005?qs=hQdOagyNhkvFZChZOhb1qQ%3D%3D&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIg6jV0-O24QIVpx-tBh1chwR3EAQYAiABEgIrdvD_BwE

I would recommend you create a UEFI profile before clearing your CMOS so you do not have to continually keep entering in your modified values.

Thanks for being #TEAMPRIME

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube