add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

z390 AORUS Ultra - F7 BIOS

Dreadvolt

10 months ago

Is there anyway to know how (if at all) this affects my current setup (9700K, 16GB 3200Mhz RAM)? I'm guessing it's probably worth updating, I just wish Gigabyte made it a bit clearer as to what was changed/fixed/improved/etc.

• Support Intel 9th generation R0 stepping processors
  • Update CPU microcode
  • Update Intel IRST version

As I've only got 16GB of ram, and no Optane devices, I'm pretty certain the last two items do not.

- Support Intel Optane H10
- Support 32G UDIMM

Comments

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, it is what is says.

The first two may be related to the new F line Intel processors and the 3rd one is related to Intel rapid storage technology (IRST) that's related to the performance of the mass storage devices.

The forth related to the new Intel H10 Optane and the last one is related to 32GB DDR4 modules.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

WHY CAN'T I HAVE PATCH NOTES ABOUT WHAT MICROCODE UPDATES MEANS!?!??

Have I been spoiled by Blizzard patch notes all these years?

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

BIOS update descriptions are always very brief, you know.

I know that's not very helpful, but it has always been that way as BIOS descriptions concerns.

They only contain some bare minimum of info.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

I've already updated to F7 now and am back to stock settings. But I've got my new 'microcode' so I feel fancy.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah at least something. :-P

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube