• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

AlexGalbert 1 month ago

Just wanted to know if this is a good build because I will be building a computer the near future.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/AlexGalbert/saved/x4fYTW

Comments Sorted by:

Dreadvolt 1 Build 3 points 1 month ago

Looks good, IMO find a way to get a 500GB-1TB SSD if you can. 250G even for just the OS and a game or two will fill up pretty quick.

AlexGalbert submitter 1 point 1 month ago

I found a 500gb m.2 wich should be plenty of storage and if i need more hdd are cheap.

thanks for the reply.

LIVE_AMMO 1 point 1 month ago

If gaming is priority here, you can achieve some rewarding performance uplift within the same budget:

• Superior single core performing i5-9600K (faster the cores, the better the gaming performance)

• The new GTX 1660 outperforms the RX 580, ...and draws less power and yet comes in cheaper. If your display supports FreeSync you may prefer the AMD route with some performance compromise.

• Faster SSD, although the full scalable speeds available aren't necessary but makes for the better future-proofer

• If not overclocking, the added cooler is more than sufficient for the task/auto-boost-clock

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor $329.00 @ Powertop
CPU Cooler be quiet! - Pure Rock Slim 35.14 CFM CPU Cooler $33.90 @ Newegg Canada Marketplace
Motherboard MSI - MAG Z390 TOMAHAWK ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $199.99 @ Amazon Canada
Memory G.Skill - Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $109.99 @ Newegg Canada
Storage Intel - 660p Series 512 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $85.07 @ Amazon Canada
Video Card Zotac - GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB GAMING Video Card $299.99 @ Canada Computers
Case Fractal Design - Meshify C White TG ATX Mid Tower Case $104.99 @ Newegg Canada
Power Supply Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $99.99 @ Amazon Canada
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1262.92
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-19 18:08 EDT-0400

EDIT: I swapped the PSU for a semi-modular - feel free to switch back to fully modular as the budget is workable. The EVGA G2 makes for a solid choice and pretty delivers as good as the above TXM series from corsair.