add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

excited for my first build.. any suggestions or advice is much needed... anyone see ne problems ?

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor $264.99 @ Newegg
CPU Cooler Cooler Master - Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler $34.99 @ B&H
Motherboard MSI - MAG Z390 TOMAHAWK ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $156.00 @ Amazon
Memory Team - Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $84.89 @ OutletPC
Storage Intel - 660p Series 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $119.00 @ B&H
Storage Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $44.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB GAMING OC WHITE Video Card $759.99 @ Amazon
Case NZXT - H500 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case $69.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $84.99 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home Full 32/64-bit $119.99 @ Dell
Monitor Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor $449.00 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $2188.72
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-18 21:19 EDT-0400

Additional options:

1. If overclocking a beefier air cooler or AIO is recommended

2. If overclocking, the Tomahawk is decent, the Asrock Taichi and couple of others in the $180-$200 range offer a slight edge

3. Mobo integrated wifi needed?

4. it's only 10-20 bucks more for 2TB HD (secondary drive)

5. If the budget isn't of concern, the 8-core i7-9700K would make for a nice future-proofer

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks both of you.. so 1080ti will be outdated when do you think. Also why the windows full license... benefits?

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

The 1080 TI remains a fantastic gaming card but not at that price range. If achievable around ~$700, it still makes for a superb gamer with plenty of power under the hood. The increase in price is more reflective of lower-supply (no longer in production/depleting stock levels) which came into effect with the release of the newer RTX 2080 (definitely the go-to card with it's added features, faster RAM, etc)

WINDOWS: OEM are single licences which are locked into the mobo. When it's time to move on or if the mobo fails, the license can't be transferred to a newer build/mobo. Fully licences = fully transferable (basically yours to keep without having to purchase again)

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

typical from them.. im fairly new to all of this.. I have an electronics background from school... any tips or advice for somone getting into pc building.. like I know the obvious things such as compatability, bottlenecking n what not

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

(stating the obvious) Honestly, the best tip which tends to work flawlessly is watching a bunch of quick/long tutorials online to get a feel of the build process. The visual representations and talking points are highly beneficial for someone new and help to familiarise the easy-build process which most likely appear quite daunting at first.

Even better, targeting build tutorials with the same selected case for increased familiarity.

As long you're focused on the mobo manuals instructions and other guides presented by the various parts, you shouldn't have any problems.

Just make sure your build environment isn't a static fest (or ground yourself which is the common recommendation). Plan ahead to avoid obstacles and take your time with the build process.

A few common errors/issues to avoid:

• Always make sure your cable connectors are securely snapped in to isolate poor connections should problems arise

• Make sure the fan orientation is blowing air in from the front and exhausting from the rear and top (assuming you're settling with the NZXT case)

• Double check the mobo manual to insert the 2 RAM sticks on a single profile ranked 2-dimm slots. This will secure best performance and added bandwidth on dual controller motherboards

• I always find it easier to install the chip, cooler and RAM first before mounting the mobo in the case. Especially in smaller form factor or compact mid-ATX cases.

• Oddly enough, the entire build process is somewhat easy once you get to grips with it but 'cable management' can be a pain in the backside (well for me anyway being i'm a perfectionist, hehe). Definitely take your time with this one, and plan ahead!

There's a ton of more tips but i'm sure you're already familiar with most/all of the above hence feel free to ask anything in particular.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I will look into the tomahawk.. considering switching the cpu and gpu up to the rtx and i9... althought im experienced very little with AMD.. which do u prefer

And 3.4 and 5 are all going to be taking into consideration."

Thank You!

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

You don't need the i9-9900k unless you're streaming alongside gaming (or runnings other multi-core/HY savvy tasks). It's a fattened up chip for processes which demand more compute performance and games don't benefit much. For a gaming chip, the i7-9700K is also not necessary but the additional 2 cores do present a nice future-proof endeavour as games are seeing better optimisations to make use of additional cores (although at the moment such games don't see much difference in performance besides a huge bite out of the wallet).

i5-9600K - superb gaming performance and built to last!

i7-9700K - same gaming performance as the i5, but a little extra compute performance for better future possibilities

i9-9900K - OVERKILL for gaming

As for AMD CPUs - fantastic value for great performance. But when it comes to gaming, intel does it better with it's superior core speeds and lower latency! Not a huge difference between the 2.

What I will say is, at 1440p or 4K, AMD 2600X is simply good enough in matching intels performance as higher resolution gaming is more GPU-bound opposed to CPU. In some poorer optimised games, those equal footings are compromised with intel leading the way but the difference in performance is too small to shun the AMD best value offering. If you're tight on budget, AMD is a fantastic alternative for 1440p gaming!

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Looks really outdated and expensive. This would be much better and cheaper.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor $529.89 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler CRYORIG - H7 49 CFM CPU Cooler $69.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Asus - TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $168.88 @ Newegg Business
Memory GeIL - EVO SPEAR 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $79.99 @ Newegg Business
Storage Intel - 660p Series 512 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $69.89 @ OutletPC
Storage Hitachi - Ultrastar 7K3000 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $53.49 @ Amazon
Video Card Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB TURBO Video Card $719.99 @ Newegg Business
Case NZXT - H500 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case $69.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $69.90 @ Amazon
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $99.49 @ SuperBiiz
Monitor Dell - S2417DG 23.8" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor $377.90 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $2309.30
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-18 21:31 EDT-0400
  • 7 months ago
  • 1 point

do you have experience with the i9?

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I personally haven't used the i9 but it is a very fast CPU.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube