• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

ZFGeek 1 month ago

I would like to buy myself some over-ear headphones, as I don't like ear buds. Main usage would be listening to music on my phone, without bluetooth. Recommendations?

Comments Sorted by:

ZFGeek submitter 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

Open back are probably better, as I still want to be able to hear someone in the room if they want my attention. These look pretty nice, thanks!

grizzlyman 2 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

I have the closed back version (which is a little bass heavy) of those and while they sound nice the ear pads make me itch like crazy. Another cheap alternative are these

https://www.amazon.com/Rockville-PRO-M50-Studio-Headphones-Detachable/dp/B01MXOWKBV/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=rockville+headphones&qid=1552959385&s=gateway&sr=8-3

My mother bought them for my son for Christmas I think they were a little cheaper then. Still a good deal. If you have big ears they may not fit in the ear pads. Pretty neutral sound with the suede earpads, but if I did it all over again I'd probably just pick these up.

degas73 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

I recently bought Koss UR40.

https://www.amazon.com/Koss-UR40-Collapsible-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B00006JILE/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2LNL3BHZIJ44C&keywords=koss+ur40&qid=1552967369&s=electronics&sprefix=koss+ur40%2Celectronics%2C199&sr=1-1-spons&psc=1

They are so astounding. I had to buy an extension cord for the headphone cable so that I can listen from my desktop, but should be just fine from a phone or laptop.

Incidentally I think I also looked at the Samson too -- but just thought I'd try the Koss anyway. I listen to Jazz a lot with these headphones.

TheShadowGuy 1 point 22 days ago

I'm a Koss PortaPro fan, or KSC75s if you wanted something more budget just to try out.

Note though that the semi open nature means a lot more sound bleed, which can be useful for remaining more aware of your surroundings but also detrimental as other people are more likely to hear what you are listening to at lower volumes.