• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Kevj34lfc 1 month ago

This is my current PC, it's served me well but could be better: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Kevj34lfc/saved/

I'd like to upgrade it and would like to know the best parts to do this, I want to stick with Intel and NVIDIA.

Also, can anyone tell me why my PC will sometimes not load and will tell me its overheating when it's not, makes me press F1 to go into the BIOS?

It's rare but it also has a hiccup and forces me to reinstall everything, I don't know if its viruses or I'm just incompetent.

Anyway, thanks in advance. Kev

P.S I want to play the games on the highest settings, stream and edit videos

Comments Sorted by:

LIVE_AMMO 1 point 1 month ago

I'd like to upgrade it and would like to know the best parts to do this, I want to stick with Intel and NVIDIA.

Your Skylake i7 chip is superb for gaming in 2019. If you are streaming at the same time and current performance is seeing diminishing returns, an 8-core ryzen 2700X OR the faster/more expensive i9-9900K would be the go-to solution. A compatible motherboard too.

Also, can anyone tell me why my PC will sometimes not load and will tell me its overheating when it's not, makes me press F1 to go into the BIOS?

Sometimes third party apps fail in providing accurate temps. Install a reputable temp sensory application with the likes of OpenHardware (simplified and user friendly) or HWINFO64. Next time the message pops up, check these apps to see how temps measure up.

If temps are shooting up, likely reasons:

1. Poorly applied paste - replacing the thermal paste will do the job
  2. Unevenly mounted or not mounted tight enough - replace paste and mount again
  3. Pump failing
  4. Liquid levels reduced within the closed loop (solid-pass evaporation/permeation)

3/4 are very likely with these older corsair models which come with 3-5 years warranties. Not the best of quality units when comparing with current day offerings. If a replacement is in order, consider a premium air cooler as all AIOs at some point will hit a dead end. Air coolers will last you a life-time (with the odd exception of fan replacements which last way longer then AIO cheaper fans).

Kevj34lfc submitter 1 point 1 month ago

Thanks, shall i invest in a better GPU as well? was thinking the RTX 2080ti