add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I Don't Know Anything At All

lycanthralie

9 months ago

I wasn't sure if I should post this in Create A Part List For Me since I have a part list but no ideas for the peripherals or monitor, so hopefully this is the right place.

My budget is $2000 max but I'd like to keep it under $1500 ideally. I live in the USA and will pretty much exclusively be using the computer for gaming; I don't know if it makes a difference or not but I'd be playing Overwatch, Apex Legends, Fornite, Skyrim, and possibly the Assassins Creed, Dark Souls, and Fallout series.

I don't know anything about computers but a friend recommended me this build so I'd like to use it and maybe adjust some things if needed? I'd like to have a fairly quiet computer

https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/X77Ycf/great-amd-gamingstreaming-build

I've been told I don't necessarily need an optical drive, and I think I'll use Windows 10 Professional for the operating system, but I don't have a monitor or any peripherals so those are the main things I need help with. The monitor I've been told should be 144+ Mhz. Other than that I have nothing and would greatly appreciate any feedback or recommendations! I might get a second monitor depending on how close I am to maxing out my budget after adding on the extra stuff.

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

My VERY first impressions: ( and take heed, i am no wizard: )

get a 2700X. they are on sale for a VERY nominal amount more- why wouldn't you get the newer, better Ryzen 7 processor? Ok, yes, this build would suffice.. but.. c'mon. for a hundred dollars more (OR LESS.. on sale often) you're getting the newer, better processor. Yes, I understand, that the jump up is not extreme.. but for ME.. if this was my build.. I would for SURE go with the 2700X. no question.

Next: I'm not really* familiar with Ryzen so maybe someone can correct me. but i have seen MANY tech youtubers build systems like this and they almost ALWAYS keep the included Spire (wraith? idon'tremember) cooler. That right there would help offset the cost of upgrading to the 2700X. ditch the coolermaster cooler, get the 2700X with the included cooler.

Next: The SSD... if you're spending 100 bucks anyway, why not go with the best, again, if it were me.. i would upgrade here, for about 30-40 bucks more you could get a samsung EVO. not totally necessary, but .. just me.

Not a fan of the case, but Phanteks is just about my favorite case mfr'.. just don't like that model, but it's OK on a budget. other than that, lets see, what else.... um... everything else seems more or less OK. .. I don't know much about it but idk if win10 professional is necessary.. i will personally be getting win10 home for my build coming up. lastly... based on the fact that you seem to list a wide range of games.. this leads me to believe that you would benfit from upgrading the video card.

I think you could VERY well upgrade to an RTX 2070 and keep under your budget. in fact i think this should have probably been at the top of your list. it's not that much more and will definitely be necessary; you might be able to get by running those games you listed (mostly.. with some settings turned down on some) but what about games in the future? pretty much any newer offerings coming out are going to need more . do yourself a favor, bump the CPU, bump the GPU, even if that's the only thing you do. The monitor IMO matters much less.. i think the advice of 144hz+ (hz.. not mhz) is decent advice but also depends on whether you're trying to game in 4k, 1440, or 1080. if 4k or 1440, i think 144 is a little overkill as you won't be driving it enough to hit 144fps with that hardware anyway. i think you'd be fine skimping a little bit there, but don't go less than 100hz for sure. i would check out dell or other medium tier monitors, probably looking for 1440p @ 27 inches or so. just kind of rough guideline. all depends how important display is to you. i splurged and got a 34" ultrawide. but now i also have to spend more on a GPU to push all those pixels. =/

anyway. these are just my first impressions and like my first disclaimer said, i'm by NO means an expert. hopefully someone else will chime in here for you.

good luck

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Not the absolute guru but ill take a look at it and see if i can improve it juuuust a touch :)

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor $299.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Corsair - H115i PRO 55.4 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $129.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard $114.99 @ B&H
Memory Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $126.99 @ Amazon
Storage Samsung - 860 Evo 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $57.99 @ Amazon
Storage Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $44.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card MSI - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB Video Card $509.00 @ B&H
Case Corsair - Carbide Series 275R (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $68.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $79.99 @ SuperBiiz
Monitor BenQ - ZOWIE XL2411P 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor $244.99 @ B&H
Keyboard Corsair - STRAFE Wired Gaming Keyboard $98.68 @ Newegg
Mouse Razer - DeathAdder Chroma Wired Optical Mouse $54.94 @ Amazon
Headphones Kingston - HyperX Cloud Alpha Headset $89.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1921.42
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-09 19:24 EST-0500

This is a list i just put together most of the peripherals i put in here i have myself and can vouch for myself and say i love them. The only peripheral i dont have thats on this list is the Corsair Strafe i personally have a Razer Blackwidow v2 but i wasn't sure if you would want a quiet keyboard or a loud one so i went for in between and put a corsair strafe with brown switches. You can also pick another case that would fit you better you can do the same with another keyboard.

Anyways let's get into the specs First we have a Ryzen 2700X watercooled this is a great processor for the price and can definitely handle streaming games and since it is watercooled you can overclock it all you want.

Next we have the MSI b450 Tomahawk, It doesn't look the best but gets the job done I've even personally worked with one and my friend deals with it everyday and has had only one problem with it which was because he broke one of the pins on it while mishandling it. Other then user error it works well

Now we have the Ram here were using the Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ram in a 16gb kit with 2x8 modules at 3000mhz you would insert these in ram slots 2 and 4 for dual channel on this motherboard on a side note once you boot up the pc you should enable XMP profiling in the settings so that your ram will run at the advertised 3000mhz and not 2666mhz which your Ryzen Processor will benefit from.

Next we have the storage, here we have a 250gb ssd and a 1tb ssd not much to be said here except install windows on the SSD and use your hard drive for mass storage. You can also use the rest of the storage on your SSD for your favorite games

With your budget you're able to afford a 2070 which is a great 1440p machine and can play almost every game at 1440p 60fps

Like i said you can swap out the case for one you like better i just threw in one that looks decent and will fit everything.

the last internal piece is the PSU I personally recommend this PSU to just about everyone i know i bought the same one (except mines 850W) and it works perfectly it is also a smaller size then most and is pretty light and on top of that it's 80+ Gold so that tops the cake

Now a quick overview of the peripherals in the list there is a BenQ Zowie xl2411p and like i said i have most of these same peripherals so i have personal experience with these. For the monitor the colors are dull but with a little bit of color adjustment they look great. It also have BenQ's Black Equalizer setting for competitive games so you can brighten up shadows to see your enemies.

Next we have the HyperX Cloud alphas which are just a newer Version of the HyperX cloud II's which are what i have but i have nothing negative to say about them except just make sure you use the dongle included because it makes them sound better

Next Are the mouse and keyboard The Razer Deathadder is a mouse that my entire friend group uses and all loves but i'd recommend using Razer Synapse legacy and not the newer software. Next is the keyboard which i cant say much about because i never used it but you can change it out depending on your needs/wants just make sure to research the different types of switches and see what you would like the best

These are just my opinions and not fact.

P.S.Good luck with your build and if you or anyone has questions let me know also feel free to make your own edits to the list

EDIT: Use the free version of windows and just save like $5 a week and buy a key later on down the road if it matters that much to you

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

For $1500 you can secure a very nice build for 1080p high refresh rate gaming

• The display added is FreeSync enabled and works with Gsync too with Nvidias latest driver patch

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor $268.00 @ SuperBiiz
CPU Cooler Cooler Master - Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler $31.99 @ Newegg Business
Motherboard ASRock - Z390 Extreme4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $139.99 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill - Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $79.99 @ Newegg
Storage Crucial - MX500 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $69.95 @ Adorama
Storage Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $54.99 @ Newegg
Video Card Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB GAMING OC Video Card $379.99 @ Newegg
Case Phanteks - Eclipse P350X (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $69.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $69.99 @ Amazon
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home Full 32/64-bit $119.99 @ Dell
Monitor MSI - Optix MAG24C 23.6" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor $224.99 @ Walmart
Total $1509.86
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-09 19:47 EST-0500

For $2000, gaming on a larger and sharper image 1440p gaming panel paired with a superior GTX 2080 GPU is possible.

• Gsync display added

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor $199.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard MSI - X470 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard $134.99 @ Amazon
Storage Crucial - MX500 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $69.95 @ Adorama
Storage Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $54.99 @ Newegg
Video Card Zotac - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB GAMING AMP Video Card $739.99 @ Newegg Business
Power Supply SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $69.99 @ Amazon
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home Full 32/64-bit $119.99 @ Dell
Monitor Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor $453.59 @ Amazon
Total $1993.36
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-09 19:51 EST-0500

If overclocking is of interest, a beefier cooler is recommended + 650W PSU + possibly a slightly more premium mid-tier mobo for best results.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor $199.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock - B450 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard $79.99 @ Newegg
Storage Intel - 660p Series 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $114.99 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital - Blue 4 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive $96.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card $498.99 @ SuperBiiz
Power Supply EVGA - SuperNOVA G1+ 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $89.97 @ Amazon
Monitor Dell - D2719HGF 27.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor $179.99 @ Amazon
Keyboard Redragon - K582 SURARA Wired Gaming Keyboard $46.99 @ Amazon
Mouse Redragon - COBRA M711 Wired Optical Mouse $19.89 @ Amazon
Other Windows 10 Pro $115.00
Total $1592.57
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-09 20:30 EST-0500
  • 9 months ago
  • 1 point

1080p 144hz monitor, rtx 2060, i59600k, great case, spare fan for exhaust, watercooled, white led fans, and rgb control in the cooler. All under 1600 https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GDWkBb

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

there are many good suggestions here.. some i agree with, some not so much. i pretty much stand by what i said earlier, but wanted to add a monitor. not sure exactly what your budget is for your display, but i almost got this one.. i opted for the alienware 34" ultrawide, but if i didn't get that, i would've got this Samsung CHG70. Curved 32" display, 1440p, 144hz, Freesync 2, 1ms response time. bad *** monitor. only down side is that it's about 500 bucks.

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/gaming/32--chg70-gaming-monitor-with-quantum-dot-lc32hg70qqnxza/?cid=pla-ecomm-pfs-cha-22019-22506&gclid=Cj0KCQiA5Y3kBRDwARIsAEwloL6p-bU4SaCXnUkJ6w91uU-fvhnGu5iSYtcX0hMatQtX7My3LLnLxzQaAiE7EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

but.. you would have a VERY solid build if you could squeeze the 2700x, that monitor, and an RTX 2070 (the VERY lowest i would go is maybe 2060 overclocked, old 1080 oc, 1070 TI, or roughly thereabouts. you would want 8gb video i think)

anyway i mostly just wanted to drop a recommendation for the samsung monitor.. i've always been really, really happy with samsung displays but ya know there are different strokes and all that. lots of great options to choose from.. failing that, i would probably get one of the Alienware 27" flat monitors. solid.

the perpherals matter alot less. i went with a steelseries arctis 7 headset, although i am planning to re-vamp my audio setup down the line.. and also going to go with the razer black widow tournament ed. chroma v2 stealth keyboard. Mouse... haven't decided. good luck, hope ya get it sorted out and let us know what you decide on CPU/GPU wise

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube