add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

what do i need for HD 650 s

TheCowanPlayz

9 months ago

Im planning on buying the Sennheiser HD 650 S because I heard the sound quality is very good, I'm planning on plugging them right into my laptop but i know you need an amp for these things and a DAC and I can't find the right one can some audiophile or expert find one for me?

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

As Slkipp mentioned, if it sounds fine with enough volume and no other issues apparent then your okay. I play my HD6xx's off my phone now and then and sound great to be honest. While I do have a dedicated Amp / Dac for desktop use, the phone still does a solid job.

One point I would make is if its the HD 650, depending on price and where you live, take a peek at Massdrops HD6xx. They are one in the same headphones, just different finish but usually the 6xx is cheaper then available 650's.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

it doesnt matter what i have plugged in it hisses

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

What hisses? When you say:

what i have plugged

what you have plugged in, sounds like your talking about items you plug into your laptop?

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Hello,

one issue you will have with the HD 650 is they only come with a cable that has a 1/4" connector on it. If you want the same sound quality but desire the ability to plug them into your phone, i recommend the HD 6XX from Massdrop. they're 200 dollars and are essentially the same headphones as the HD 650.

You can get an external DAC/headphone amp for relatively cheap or you can spend several hundred on one. i would have to know a budget to give you a proper recommendation however the Schiit Magni/Modi combo for 200 USD is one of the cheapest entry options available if you want a dedicated DAC and headphone amp units.

The Audioengine D1 is a good entry option if you want a all-in-one DAC and amp combo, especially since you mentioned a laptop.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube