add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

live-action movies of stuff that probably shouldn't be live action (in my opinion. i.e. detective pikachu)

aud10_fr3ak

7 months ago

as in the title, i'm not a big fan of detective pikachu.

in fact, i think it's ruined pokemon/my childhood for me.

also there is that live-action sonic movie coming out( i found out within 20 minutes of the release of that poster because of my sonic-fanatic friend). the teaser poster already makes me want to ...... well actually i don't know (maybe throw up, but i haven't done that yet)

what are your thoughts?

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 5 points

Aladdin.... I don't even care about Will smiths Genie (Because in my mind no matter what, they could never ever come close to the amazing and lovable Robin Williams). I just don't see the point in redoing a movie about magic and wonder, in live-action? Like animation was perfect as it allowed some bizarre scenes. I mean sure they could do that in the live-action but.. No thanks

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

dang i forgot about this

definite no for me.

• 7 months ago
  • 5 points

How can we have this topic and not discuss the bench mark of bad live action adaptations, Super Mario Bros? Yeah some movies just shouldn't be made, lol.

That being said, Detective Pikachu looks kind of funny.

• 7 months ago
  • 5 points

How can we have this topic and not discuss the bench mark of bad live action adaptations, Super Mario Bros?

First of all, how dare you.

• 7 months ago
  • 3 points

This might have to be a mute eh?

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

You can't silence the truth. Do your worst, mods!

• 7 months ago
  • 7 points

What abuse of power? I have no idea what you're talking about.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

You all heard it hear first, folks. Anarchy has begun. Grab your pitchforks, torches, and let's take to the streets!

• 7 months ago
  • 3 points

I think half the entertainment value behind Detective Pikachu is imagining Deadpool saying everything. Cuz Ryan Reynolds, ya know?

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

This is exactly what I think of every time I see the trailers lol

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

If we're going that route an honorable reverse mention would have to be ET.

• 7 months ago
  • 3 points

I like Pokemon and will almost certainly go see Detective Pikachu, but it triggers 'uncanny valley' for me intensely.

Live-action Sonic just seems horrifying.

Anime live-action adaptations are almost universally shite, to the point where I usually ignore their existence entirely.

Live action adaptations of older animated classics like Aladdin don't make sense to me unless it is rewritten/redesigned to work as a live action movie... which studios seem afraid to really try.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Live action Sonic does seem horrifying.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points
  • 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Would Lion King fit the category? It's not live action but the animations and art style are so realistic they might as well be.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

i would agree. disney already ruined a lot of other older movies with their remakes (i would compare this to like, the jungle book remake). i really just believe they need stuff to pull cash in, just slapping a fresh coat of paint in terms of looks.

i bet they're running out of ideas. especially good ones.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

I look for a really good story. Using all the magic, wizardry, witchcraft, available doesn't impress me. Tell me a great story.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

also there is that live-action sonic movie coming out

I'm leaving western society, if you need me look in a jungle somewhere in Africa or South America

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

make sure you have some good bug spray though. lots, it fact. it's really a necessity unless you want to spend your life there in misery.

also a good water filtration system.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh man... there's so many coming out now. It's like the movie industry hasn't learned since the 90s and early 2000s, when live action spoofs flopped in the box office and were bombed by critics. If anything, they do make for a good meme now and then.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

memes good

watching the movie bad/waste of money

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Bleach

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube