add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

is it just me, or is all my furniture from IKEA?

aud10_fr3ak

8 months ago

title says it all. my house is overloaded with the stuff. literally everywhere i look. (except the basement, which is overloaded with random crap)

my desk was from there too. of course though, i had to do some modding

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol, other day bought a table from.....yes walmart, they have a ton of stuff online. They had a nice table that actually is real wood on the outside and turned out to be pretty nice. I was amazed, I really was. It was a copy of a Broyhill that was over triple the cost at a furniture place but maybe was solid oak not sure, but I was not going to invest 500+ in a TV room table. Somehow found this one and took the risk it would not be junk. However I also got some little shelves for storage room and that $28 thing was a jigsaw puzzle. It came out ok, nice vinyl wood finish lol but fine for where its at.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

When I get my own place, probably the only furniture I’ll be able to afford is from Ikea/Walmart/Big Box Stores lol...

sobs

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Most of my furniture is from there.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Have a fair bit from Ikea too, not everything mind, my uncle used to work at higher end place so got steep discounts on things like beds and sofa's which I ordered prior top moving in when I brought my first place, but a lot is still from Ikea.

Easier for me as I live 5 mins drive away from one, so when I first moved in was lazy and literally just picked up everything needed which I did not order in advance from there. Also don't mind too much as I like simple look for most the part. Finally used to work there while going through Uni part time so people give me Ikea discount lol. So yeah TLDR, got decent amount from there XD

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Ikea has some good stuff, and some good meatballs, for sure.

My issue with it primarily is that for the same cost as new ikea furniture you can usually find gently used "real" furniture of astoundingly better quality.

Example: my wife and I recently found a wing-back armchair and matching foot stool at an estate sale for $80 combined. This is a $1000 piece of furniture or so, and can be recovered and will last as long as time. Its "real" furniture. For the same cost at Ikea you'd get a crummy armchair that lasts maybe 3 years and has to be thrown away.

That said, if you need a lot of furniture fast, then its a good place to go.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

i had a cinnamon bun last time i went there.

my parents sent me there to get a new cabinet for them. (my dad could have built stuff himself, but he's too lazy)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube