• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

XT3100 2 months ago

Hello! I recently rewatched some custom pc cable sleaving videos and decided to make my own custom cables for a new pc build I am making to replace my old Gaming pc I built. (Motherboard went... sort of). I have a SeaSonic Focus+ Gold 850. And I want to make cables for everything. It seems like a really cool and fun learning project.

I know how to crimp and make the wires. At least I know how it works by youtube videos. So I know what materials I need. But the thing is I know I need the pinouts. And that I should make my own but how can I find them? Atleast for most of the cables I can copy the wire layouts but the Core components I can't see and copy it. I really want to make sure I do it right so nothing gets fired.

Anyone who can help me?

Comments Sorted by:

eesti 1 point 2 months ago

Are you looking in the manual? You might be able to use a voltmeter and an ampmeter to figure out voltages and amperages yourself

XT3100 submitter 1 Build 1 point 2 months ago

well I really do not have either of those tool. That is why I was asking.

eesti 1 point 2 months ago

well it's a very good idea to have them

then I might need to look into getting them

G_rot777 1 Build 1 point 2 months ago

https://seasonic.com/focus-plus-gold#cables unfortunately I don't see the user manual being any use here

well that I saw. but doesn't have the information I want. ^;

G_rot777 1 Build 1 point 2 months ago

Im gonna continue looking, just thought it wasn't very helpful eesti said "its a very good idea to have them" without providing a link to the manual

its fine. _^ I got the manual somewhere.