add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

pc wont turn on?

Potatogamer1230

13 months ago

hello PCPP I bought and assembled my pc and i believe everything is working and plugged in to the right slots and stuff but when I press the power button nothing happens. If anyone could offer me help that would be greatly appreciated. I'm not currently at home where my pc is but I will update this post when I am and I can send pictures of the build when I get home.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor Purchased For $134.98
Motherboard Gigabyte - B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard Purchased For $75.00
Memory Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory Purchased For $55.00
Storage Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Purchased For $45.00
Video Card Gigabyte - Radeon RX 570 4 GB Gaming 4G Video Card Purchased For $170.00
Case Thermaltake - Versa H15 MicroATX Mid Tower Case Purchased For $25.00
Power Supply EVGA - 500 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply Purchased For $0.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $504.98
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-23 11:58 EST-0500

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh that's disappointing :( Let's see about getting you sorted out. The power lead that connects the case to the motherboard header is always a bit of a pain to set up. I recommend reviewing the motherboard manual to make sure that button is connected correctly.

Hope that helps!

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

when you say power lead do you mean the connections on the front panel pins on the motherboard?

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, exactly

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

that's what I was thinking I messed up but when I look into the manual it has connections for cords that I don't have like the speaker one and the chassis intrusion header. the manual also lists 2 areas for the power LED and one of them has 2 negative sides and 1 positive side and the other 1 of each. If you want to see the manual heres a .pdf https://gzhls.at/blob/ldb/3/e/5/1/d1b4728726ec423d440871a84a344fc9935e.pdf

• 13 months ago
  • 2 points

Another couple of suggestions you might check out

1. Make sure the power supply switch is set to on. (This happens more often than you may think)

2. Make sure your 24 pin connector is properly secured.

And of course the front panel pin may also be the issue as Steven stated

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Agree with Synchro.

I looked at the pins on the manual/mobo. In principle, the 3-hole plug for the power connector should go in on the top row of the front panel header, 2 pins in from the left.

Basically it should look like this

[..()()().....]

[..()()......]

Where the top 3 brackets indicate where to plug the power switch & the bottom 2 where to plug the reset switch. Everything else is cosmetic (& you should be able to work out where it goes from the manual based on where the power & reset are plugged in).

Hope that helps!

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Figured out that the 20+4 pin connecter isn’t in the whole way but I can’t get it in after one hour of trying

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube