add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Third parts revision on a first build multi-media, home office, minecraft type games PC for me and my 8 year old to build together.

Dam5968
  • 75 months ago

I play Minecraft with my kid and he plays online games so we dont currently play many graphic intensive games but this would be a start. Other than that the PC would serve as a multi-media machine and a home office system (Google Docs). I also edit the game videos we capture with our El Gato game capture devise. I would like this to be a nice starter machine for him to get into PC gaming and both of us learn more about PC's. Kind of a Father / son hobby. With better builds / updates in the future. How is this for a start (wanted to stay under $700). Thanks

Comments

• 75 months ago
  • 2 points

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Dam5968/saved/49Xr For those who would like to see. Wow dude, stellar deals on that RAM. Just to be safe id throw in a CM hyperx evo 212. It'd keep you under 700 and cool your CPU.

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

That is why the only thing bought is ram. Could not pass up the special. I was going to ask about a cooler. I will get it, thank you.

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

Great the CM cooler is a cheap go to for a lot of people.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube