12 months ago
Let's say you're a very casual overclocker, you want to get the most out of the kit you've purchased, but have zero interest in setting records or burning your house down. What kind of "real world" stress testing / benchmarking would you run your system through to give you an idea if your OC was stable or not?
Considering the above, Prime95 is not really something I want to play with too much. It gets my temps up +10-15C higher than anything else I can throw at my CPU in a matter of minutes (v27.9 using Small FFTs).
So far my machine has been used primarily for posting on these forums, benchmarking / stress testing my OC, and playing Overwatch or BFV ('till Anthem comes out).
Since Prime95/Intel Burn Test and the temps they push make me nervous, I have tried the following so far to test my current OC.
- 1.) Cinebench (LOL - I know - but it was a quick start).
- 2.) Intel XTU (5 / 10 / 15 min runs)
- 3.) Approx an hour over Overwatch
- 4.) Approx 2hrs of BFV
- 5.) 30 mins of RealBench Stress Test (I found that setting memory tested at 4GB heated it up more than setting it to 8GB)
- 6.) 30 mins of AIDA64 Extreme Stability Test
- 7.) Full Blender Benchmark (1h 14mins of basically 100% cpu utilization)
HWINFO64 shows no WHEA errors as of yet.
Are there any other really solid tests out there that shouldn't cause my house to catch on fire?
EDIT: FORMATTING!!! (Again)