• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Console_Gamers_Be_Like 3 months ago

Am looking for the best sound cancelling headphones I could possibly get for gaming, for less than $150, no microphone needed. Needs to be surround obviously, prefer over-ear for comfort, and am not using a sound card

Comments Sorted by:

AceBalthazar 4 Builds 2 points 2 months ago

I'd try to pick up a pair of used Bose QC 25's if you want good noise cancelling. if noise cancelling is less of a concern for you than good sound quality, a pair of Sennheiser HD598's could be a good investment.

virtual surround is a gimmick, you don't need it to play games. Thanks to human perception, a pair of quality stereo headphones can give you as much auditory info as some cheap headphones with "virtual 7.1 surround"

smilesmile 1 point 3 months ago

why does it need to be surround? correct me if im wrong, but doesnt headphone surround make it sound worse?

Console_Gamers_Be_Like submitter 1 point 3 months ago

I'd like surround for games like PUBG where I can hear where shots/movement, rather than stereo headphones with only the ability to output left and right.

Cosine_ 1 point 2 months ago

Why not get a pair of used Bose QC15/QC25s for general use and then buy a cheap surround sound headset for gaming?

Console_Gamers_Be_Like submitter 1 point 2 months ago

Because they need to be sound cancelling for gaming as well ?

Cosine_ 1 point 2 months ago

You're not going to get a pair of ANC headphones with genuine 7.1 surround sound. Active noise cancelling headphones and surround sound headsets were designed with two different audiences in mind. There are headphones out there with ANC and virtual surround, but virtual surround is pretty awful in comparison to 7.1 surround.

If you don't want to get two pairs of headphones, I'd shoot for either a pair of QC25s or a regular surround sound headset with good sound isolation.