add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair Crystal Series 280X RGB

Dreadvolt

12 months ago

First off, I absolutely love the look of this case.

I am aware that it may not have the absolute best airflow (based on various case reviews).

As such I'd look to use an AIO to keep an i7-9800x cool, and here is where I get a bit confused.

All the case specs seem to indicate that it supports up to a 240mm rad, however, in those same locations (top/front/bottom), 140mm fans are supported. Can someone explain to me why dual 140mm fans fit, but a 280mm rad will not?

Ideally for full Corsair RGB integration, I'd like to jam the H115i Platinum in there to keep things cool.

Would this even work or would I have to downgrade to the H110i Platinum?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks like I may have answered my own question.

Radiator Compatibility 120mm; 140mm; 240mm; 280mm

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, you did answer your own question. 120, 240, and 360mm are the most common type of rads. It is probably easiest for their marketing to include '240mm support' as a selling point to attract people to the case and then they can just toss in 280mm support for those that might need it.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

I made the mistake of relying on Newegg.ca for the actual case details, and it doesn't mention the 280mm rad support.

I should have just trusted PPP, or checked out Corsair's spec sheet before asking.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

It's all good. Now you know for next time!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube