add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

evga xoc failsafe?

tech_geek100

12 months ago

I got an evga gtx 1060 recently and want to overclock it with xoc. Is there any failsafe to warn me if I make a stupid adjustment?

Comments

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Since it is a proprietary software I would assume it does, but I use MSI afterburner so I am not positive. It might not tell you that you have pushed the core clock too high because the software doesn't know what your cooing solution is like, but MSI afterburner has power limits so that you don't push like 2v through the card and fry it. MSI afterburner also allows you to save profiles so if you get an OC that is not stable you can revert back to a previous profile.

I would recommend checking a dedicated OCing forum like Overclock.net

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube