add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Controlling 7 rgb devices without motherboard header?

bebeb

11 months ago

Hi all.

I've got 7 rgb devices in my computer (6 fans + led strips). Is there a good way to control all of these via software without a motherboard rgb header? I'm looking at something like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071JY88NX/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

As far as I can tell, it would do the job, but I'd need to attach 3 fans to one rgb port via a splitter cable, and I wouldn't be able to change the individual colours on these fans. Is there something like this controller, but with more ports? Ideally 7 or 8, but 6 would do the job.

Thanks

Comments

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm using a Aqua Computer farbwek to control my RGB using their aquasuite software. I like this setup better since my mtherboard software is pretty poor.

You could get two of these to control them all individually. Alternatively, just get one and do RGB splitter per zone. This would get you 4 different colors but you'd have to group some of the devices to always be the same color.

Also, I ordered mine direct and it took a while to come from Germany. In the UK this probably isn't an issue but for those looking in the US I have since learned that Performance PCs carries a lot of the Aqua Computer stuff: http://www.performance-pcs.com/flex-lights/aquacomputer-farbwerk-usb-aquabus-version.html

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube