add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Where's a good place to start for painting a keyboard?

Volpix

10 months ago

I'm trying to get as many opinions in as I can because this is my first time looking at painting something like a keyboard.

My keyboard, the SteelSeries Apex 150, comes in only a black variant- which is what I have. I'm looking at painting it with a very clean and simple just white colour, almost like a matte white.

Where would be a good place to start looking for proper paints like this for keyboards?

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

Black to white is hard to do, and you're going to want a paint with real heavy coverage, or even an appropriate acrylic primer. I'd actually start by looking at a craft store like A.C. Moore.

The other suggestion I'd have would be to start by picking up a couple cheapo keyboards if you don't already have them and doing some science. They certainly won't type the same, but they're still plastic, so you can do coverage and wear tests with the not nice keyboards before committing to a plan.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the idea, that's actually a really useful concept I hadn't thought of.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube