• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Kenulous 2 months ago

I very recently received an email about a game called Town of Salem having a data breach and i used the site "haveibeenpwned" and it showed me the same data breach so i am aware of the data breach being real and that my email has apparently been copied from it however i am not sure what this means. Can someone give me some advice on whether i should be very concerned in general or not? i am fairly certain that nothing else shares the same email and password with it and i have only ever played the game once and never purchased anything in it so there shouldnt be any other information to get, should i migrate my emails and create a new account? i have made a lot of different game accounts and used this email a lot so i would prefer it if i did not have to.

Comments Sorted by:

firedrakes 1 Build 1 point 2 months ago

for anything related to cc or vital info have 2 private emails. that use different names and passwords. think 3 layer system

akimboo 1 point 2 months ago

i had all of my accounts broken into over the summer. I had literally no valuable info on the accounts, i immediately changed every password and put 2FA on everything. For some reason the hacker is still trying to get into my fortnite account that i changed the password to over 4 months ago, i have no skins or anything in fortnite so i have no clue why he's still trying to log into my account.

Bran_Flakes 1 Build 3 points 2 months ago

Maybe he feels bad for you and wants to give you some skins? Good guy hacker?

darthfutuza 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

Its probably just an automated script doing it, doubt anyone is specifically targeting you. You're probably just on a list of accounts to try.

[comment deleted]
Kenulous submitter 1 point 2 months ago

Thanks, yeh i pretty much assumed that. i just wasnt sure as i have never had this happen before.